Full colour print with gloss laminate
• Easy apply vinyl with air egress channels to easily eliminate bubble and wrinkle during application • Must be applied dry. Do not use water when applying • Slides smoothly on surface for exact positioning: stands-off from surface until pressure is applied • Low adhesive tack level allows graphics to be repositioned during application • Dark grey adhesive provides extra opacity for blockout performance • Easy removability with heat for up to 5 years with little or no adhesive residue
Reflective Graphic Wraps
Our Reflective Graphic Wrap is an engineer grade enclosed lens coated reflective sheeting with a removable adhesive. Features an adhesive which is repositionable on the surface up to the final pressure during application and comply adhesive technology with air release channels allowing for fast, easy, bubble-free applications. It is durable and flexibly. Up to 5 years outdoor durability. • Similar daytime and nighttime appearance
• Retains most reflectivity when wet • Excellent angularity • Pressure activated adhesive for easy sliding and tacking • Air release channels for fast and easy, bubble free installation
• Very high gloss semi-conformable film • Unique patented adhesive technology that helps eliminate wrinkles and bubbles during application and long term removability after the intended period of use • Good conformability to irregular substrates • Outstanding durability and outdoor performance • Good UV, temperature, humidity, and salt-spray resistance • Chrome Series is a 2-3 year, premium quality specialty film.
Easy Apply adhesive system with air egress channels to easily eliminate bubble and wrinkle during application Slides smoothly on surface for exact positioning: technology stands-off from surface until pressure is applied Low adhesive tack level allows graphics to be repositioned during application Excellent printability on eco-solvent, solvent, latex and UV curable printers Advanced face formulation provides increased colour gamut and consistency StaFlat liner provides easy handling and converting properties Outstanding outdoor durability and performance with High Gloss Excellent dimensional stability Dark grey adhesive provides extra opacity for blockout performance Easy removability with heat for up to 5 years with little or no adhesive residue
Using the very latest in film and adhesive technology, your wraps will stand out from the crowd with high gloss images and colours that pop, install quickly and easily and with improved durability.
Cast digital print film and High Gloss overlaminate is a highly capable vehicle wrapping solution which will allow you to complete some of the most demanding applications.
Application and Installation
The following important points should be adhered to when applying:
- When using heat gun to soften the film, an ideal temperature of 35-45°C is required for best results.
- A soap and water solution should be used in conjunction with an application glove for application into deep recesses in order to reduce friction and unwanted wrinkles or creases.
Important Note: As with all graphics films, it is important to avoid using any hard solvents (i.e. IPA Isopropyl Alcohol) directly on the High Gloss when cleaning or during the application process. Use of these products directly on the surface may cause matting and loss of gloss. If necessary during application, use a soap and water solution in conjunction with the application glove to further reduce friction.
- Ensure that the application surface is clean and dry before application of any graphic film.
- Be sure the environment, film and substrate are within the temperature range recommended for the film (16-25°C).
- Experiment to find the correct tools and techniques that work best before applying large graphics.
The Films are designed to work with a variety of tools and techniques. Regardless of the tools or technique, it is important to use enough pressure to make sure the graphic firmly adheres to the substrate, approx 5-7kg.
NOTE: Pre-masked graphic requires additional pressure.
- Use firm, uniform strokes, and overlap all strokes by about 50%.
- Hold the squeegee at a 50-70 degree angle to the surface. A flatter angle will reduce distortion of the film during application.
- Locate where to position graphics and mark the spot using small pieces of masking tape or magnets.
- If the graphic is less than 1m2, remove the entire liner. Position the graphic on the marked points using light tacking pressure.
- Squeegee the film using moderately firm, overlapping strokes, making sure the applicator is flat with the substrate along the entire length of the stroke.
- Remove air bubbles and tenting around rivets by using an air release tool and heat.
- Trim all excess material using a 30° knife blade taking care not to cut the substrate.
- Ensure all edges where the graphic finishes are applied firmly.
Final Squeegee Pass
NOTE: This is a key final step and will help prevent premature graphic failure due to edge lifting.
- Wait at least 15–20 minutes after the application to allow the adhesion to build to the functional bond level.
- Re-squeegee all graphic edges, overlaps and seams using firm pressure. Use a squeegee with a new felt buffer to prevent scratching or damage to the decal.
- Re-squeegee is a must on ALL edges of the decal.
Finishing and Post Heating
Important Note: The vinyl film requires less heat when post heating. A post heating temperature of 70°C is recommended. Please note an absolute maximum temperature of 90°C should not be exceeded.
- Once application has been completed, all areas where the film has been stretched require postheating.
- Post heating should be done no sooner than 30-45 minutes after application.
- With the use of a heat gun on a high setting and a digital thermometer (Lasertemp), apply heat until the conformed area of the graphic reaches a measured 70° C.
- Post heating must be done the same day as the application.
Cleaning and Maintenance
Important Note: As with all graphic films, it is important to avoid using any hard solvents (i.e. IPA Isopropyl Alcohol) directly on the High Gloss when cleaning or during the application process. Use of these products directly on the surface may cause matting and loss of gloss. If necessary when cleaning use a damp microfiber towel to remove any light marks or contaminants.
The film has tested a broad range of commercially available truck and car wash products for compatibility with the High Gloss. All tests were conducted at 100% concentration and immersed for up to 24 hours, as opposed to the recommended rage of 0.005 - 20% concentration, using recommended washing techniques and times.
For the removal of adhesive residue from the surface of High Gloss, we recommend using the following solvents for the best result: Wax and Grease Remover (Diggers / Septone), White Spirits or Shellite. To remove adhesive residue, simply apply a small amount of the recommended solvent to a microfiber towel and wipe until the adhesive become loose and can easily be removed, avoid using high pressure and abrading the film.